The University of Miami School of Architecture and Center for Computational Science invite you to attend the 4th annual Smart Cities MIAMI Conference + Workshop.
Day 1 Conference
To aid in the design and development of more sustainable, livable, and resilient cities, the University of Miami brings cutting-edge research in urban planning, architecture, and engineering in alignment with computational resources and analytical methods.
The annual Smart Cities Miami Conference is an extension of these efforts, providing a forum for leaders in academia, industry, and government to closely examine evolving theories and practices in the Smart City field. The topics considered vary in scope and nature within a general theme that is particularly relevant for each year.
The theme for the 2020 edition is adoption and adaptation, providing opportunities to explore questions such as:
- How does technology enable cities to adapt to a changing environment?
- How do individuals, societies, and cultures adopt and adapt to emerging technologies, such as IoT, self-driving cars, gig economies, etc.?
- How do we transition from sustaining to disruptive practices and technology?
- Do cities become more resilient when they adopt new technology?
Day 1 Conference features Panel Discussions and Keynote Presentations. $50 per person | Includes complimentary parking, light breakfast, lunch, and closing reception.
Registration opens at 9:00 AM. Event Times: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
Day 2 Workshop
Led by Mike Sarasti, CIO and Director of Innovation & Technology for the City of Miami, the Day 2 Workshop focuses on engaging smart city technology to improve civic engagement. Technology, planning, or design-minded citizens are invited to team up with architects and city planners to design smart city concepts.
9:00 AM-2:00 PM Free | Complimentary parking, breakfast, and lunch provided.
If you are interested in attending Day 2, please register for the Workshop.
Apply now to be an exhibitor. Exhibitor spaces are free, but limited.
Exhibitor benefits include:
• Two (2) complimentary passes Free tickets to Smart Cities Conference
• Feature in the Program Booklet (distributed to all Conference attendees) to include photo, logo, exhibit description, website, and contact information .
• Exposure to leading smart cities experts, academics, researchers, local policy makers, inventors, and enthusiasts
Smart Cities Miami 2020 also offers Sponsorship Opportunities with varying benefit packages. Benefits are based on sponsorship level and may include:
• Recognition in all collateral, electronic communications, and signage
• Recognition on smartcities.miami.edu, on event signage, and in program booklet
• Free passes to Smart Cities Miami 2020
Program Booklet ads are full-color, and come in 2 sizes. Complimentary ad design is available if needed.
• FULL (single) page (8.5” x 8.5”) $250
• DOUBLE page spread (17.0” x 8.5”) $500